Thursday, December 18, 2008

my apron is malfunctioning

You know and I know....in Amandaland, if you wear an apron and step into the kitchen, you have the superpowers of top chefs.


So I take down the apron from the tooth hook of the boar head, and start on the masterpiece that was to be the truckers birthday dinner. In my own defense, I was sleep deprived from the previous nights graveyard shift, and in a time crunch to make dinner and bake a cake before I had to go back to the hospital.

The recipe is simple and one from the "BAM" himself.

Raw Shrimp
Emrils essence spice (sprinkled over the cooking shrimp)
1 clove chopped garlic
2 tbs olive oil

Cook shrimp with above, as the shrimp pinkens add....

1 cup white wine
1/2 cup lemon juice

Pile on top cooked pasta, s&p toss and serve hot.

smelling soooo good, I'm thinking

"BAM"

Until we sit and the trucker takes a big bite and....CRUNCH....I forgot to peel the shrimp. son of a ......... peeling cooked shrimp that is smothered in sauce while singing happy birthday to your husband.....priceless

But wait, the cake! The beautiful black forest cake that your family will attest to the fact that you called them to find out what the hell was....

well....

I was out of confectioners sugar. so I substituted with real sugar.....which is not an acceptable substitution despite what that stupid website said. There is no thickening agent in it, and incredibly.....um....crunchy. If there was video you would see that the cake frosting moved like the blob...

BAM.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trucker loves you. My bet is that he laughed, peeled the shrimp, ate extra helpings then tackled the cake. Everyone knows that no new husband wants to see his wife cry over food she messed up and besides, that boy seriously likes to eat. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do about a new apron....

PS.....Dad says there's a country song about this.

WanderingGirl said...

He ate it and liked it... and you had cake for breakfast I bet!

Anonymous said...

The people at work are thinking I might start shooting because I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Oh the stories Amanda!

Anonymous said...

Ah ha ha- what no turisamso (sorry about the spelling) with enough captian morgans private stock that your driving abilities can be questionable??- ames