Thursday, December 28, 2006


Last night I got the chance to meet up with my old school buddy Martha. We sat up watching classic movies, quoting lines, drinking wine. It was very similar to how we hung out 10 years ago, with the addition of the huge flat screen TV and more appreciative taste for good wine. We talked life, love, wine, all the while in mid sentence stopping to quote a line or two from Pretty Woman as it played in the background. The last thing I remember saying as I pointed my wine glass at the screen......'Yea know, this doesn't really happen....There is no guy in a limo climbing up the fire escape....There is no GUY in the front YARD holding up a boom box. Why have we watched this for ten years? It has totally screwed with my reality of relationships.' Yikes. (like I can really blame this craziness on the film industry. Wait. Did I wake up in the barn?! Noooooo. Gunner and I had a good game of Horsey tag in the field. Mom videoed...personally I think she was waiting for something tragic, I mean funny to happen so she could send it into Funniest home Videos. Or possibly to show the Dr. when he askes...'how did this happen?'....actually, we have it all on tape...
(I'll show you thie pictures from mom and I's hike in the next few days......but notice that there ARE pictures)

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

So, let's hear about the sweet new camera! Is it a Nikon WITH receipt? Or have you traded brands?