Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ohhhhh Beck!


A minor glitch yesterday as I was tuning up Beck for a road trip.....

By tuning of course I mean driving it to get the oil changed.


Sometimes, when I'm driving the bus, the turn signals don't work. I found if I turn the hazards ON, then OFF, the turn signals will work again.





Don't question the madness. It just works.









Star swipe to yesterday when i pulled the hazard lights and lost all electrical.




Awwwee Shiiiiit.




Two tree hugging hippies later, it's unanimous...




No one knows why it isn't working.




The front dash has been removed, the piece I pulled apart has now been zip tied back together, and all I have is hazards. I debate on whether or not I can live with this permanently.... Watch the mileage....use hand motions out the window when driving.....





OK maybe not.


So I drive out to a new mechanic. And explain what I did, and forewarn him about the zip ties....


An hour later I have all lights and gauges. Turns out that thing was broken....no matter how many zip ties to hold it together, it was never going to complete the circuit.


The mechanic says to me: Ya know I'm impressed, most bus owners come it with everything totally torn apart and an mess....you actually knew what was wrong.



'Yea, well, I'm not stoned'



Good point.



1 comment:

b fisk said...

good story, i laughed at the stoner comment.