Friday, March 23, 2007

How we met

In watching GMA this morning I heard one of the common couples question:


'How did you meet?'


And since I have no other stories to tell you, and 3 exams to study for, I thought I would kill some time and share my favorite 'how we met' story.

You know the Youngin story, and Ponch story, which are both funny 'how we met', but.....

My personal favorite, going way back, post blog.....Garret. It may not have lasted long at all, but he and I met outside of a bar in Winter Park. My second night in the ski town to be exact....so November of 2000, when I was injury free and a ski bum. Lack of oxygen at 9100 feet gave me no preparation at all for how quickly I was to get drunk that night. Despite the fact that I was just getting out of my undergrad drinking days, and had done a keg stand at my going away party three days prior.

Outside of The Pub, the snow was coming down like I had never seen before, and my upstairs neighbor Dave and I start talking about ninjas. (I always believed that I would make a good ninja) One thing leads to another, and under the hypnozation of the snow I lay out the....

'You pick him Dave and I bet that I can jump and kick over his head.'

Poor guy never saw it coming.

Dave grabbed Garret who was the next poor sap to stumble out of the bar. I stepped back in the ice and snow, closing one eye to size him up....or stop the falling snow and tawaca combo from making me dizzy.....one or the other....

I took one big step, swung my arms, twisted, lost all footing on the ice and kicked the guy straight in the face. Blood went everywhere, and I landed on my back thankful that I wasn't full air spinning anymore. Dave and I were laughing hysterically, Garret...not so much. He was screaming something about me breaking his nose.

But that is honestly how we met.






1 comment:

Amy said...

So do you think had something to do with why it didn't last long?