Saturday, March 03, 2007

Days going by

Days like today serve as a reminder for me how much things can change in time.





A picture perfect before and after of a year.






The good and the bad, and even the 80 year old man that lapped me in the pool AGAIN this week.





Me, the pup, and everyone else in Grand Junction decided to take advantage of the lift from the cold we've had for the last FOREVER, and headed out the front door. Mainly just a need for a wind breaker, I drastically over layered and hit the road in search of some clarity from the overcrowding of radiation information residing in my brain. It's all becoming just one big run on sentence.



After climbing up the switchbacks, I'm fairly confident that the overcrowding was taken over by a massive slip and slide of sweat coming from my skull, and oddly enough, my brain feels much clearer as a result.






Weeks are flying by, and if it were'nt for the pile of clothes and scrubs migrating it's way from one end of my bedroom to the other, I'd swear this week was the last.
















A year is a year, and I'll take the new changes. Regardless of how my body feels, or what my heart yearns for. The wise words of 4 year old Galen Mayfield as we sat on swing sets in cadence one night still crosses my mind. Having not said a word, he drug his feet to a stop and looked up at the sky.......




'we're not getting any littler ya know'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was nice hearing from you, miss king. Heidi is a little cutie, isn't she?!

I admit ever since I've been working with those Special Ed students (but mainly a Special Ed staff it seems most of the time) and a 40 minute commute there and back, I've been too exhausted to do much of anything by the time I get home, so I admit I haven't been by in quite a while. Hang in there,

~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Oh how wise that little Galen is. Remember, he's also the boy who would shake his fingers as he flew past the ski instructor yelling "I'm rockin' Dude!", and I think you're rockin' too. Thanks for sharing your pictures of the day on the mesa. We love you....