Friday, January 19, 2007

Salesmen can kiss it

In an effort to join Tiffany in throwing rocks at boys, I managed to nail one straight in the balls today.

Jackass.

So I've been looking at cars. Two very specific cars actually, and in a confusing moment at the wrong dealership in Glenwood Springs, I found both at two different dealerships. So I test drive one, and just look at the other, as someone has misplaced the keys at the VW dealership.

So I make a call to the key loosing dealership this morning and talk to a salesman. A different salesman mind you, then the one I talked to when I was there. Essentially saying....I live an hour and a half away.....find out a lower price on this car, and email it to me. Make it worth my while to drive in to test drive your car, and there is a very good chance, with a good offer, I'll buy it.

He says ok, and gives me the price of the car before we hang up. I immediately think to myself....hum. That sounds different from what I was told earlier this week. Did I tell this guy that I've already been there to see the car?

And then I get this email. Directly copied and pasted from my email account, and following it is my response to him:

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for inquiring again on our Passat Wagon TDI. As I said this is a totally different car from the Golf, as far as handling, interior, and most important room. I talked to my manager about you and he is willing to discount $1,000.00 of the price. As I mention, consider you are purchasing a certified-pre-owned Volkswagen which means you would have an additional 2 years or 24,000 miles complete coverage, you won't get from a Ford store. I know you already looked at the car but I'm sending you some pics so you can look at it again. Let me know what other information you need, I'm here to help you.


Xavier.
970-387-5359

So I look at the pictures and low and behold, I KNEW there was a different (and lower) price then what I was quoted. In fact, it's plastered all over the windshield of the car!

Xavier,
Thank you for getting back to me. From this mornings conversation when the Wagon price was XXX.X, a $1000 discount, is not even close to getting me to drive up this weekend and buy the car. In fact, my recalling correctly, XXX.00 is what the 'sale' sticker on the front of the car was when I stood in front of it two days ago. I think you actually emailed me a picture of it. It is also listed on your website at XXXX. So please lets remind your manager that I have seen the car, researched it, and him giving me the 'special' offer, of the wagons actual selling price, is rather insulting. So..
Best of luck,
Amanda King


The shot to the balls came when I looked up the VW sales managers email on the internet and sent him a copy of the emails.

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Good job.

In other news, Mom dropped the CS-PF bomb to make me feel better. Seriously. You read it here first. Mom is a potty-mouth. That is a true story.

Anonymous said...

If you repeat it, it must be done with a sweet, soft southern drawl (fabricated) to get the full effect. Try it on the no-load salesman if you don't believe me... Hehehehehehe