Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A case of mistaken Identity

Here I am. Typing away, thinking.....where do I start with this story?




Well with clinical over and some free time, I agreed to a date.


Why you ask?


Because all signs pointed to me being able to tell you a funny story.


Ya see, this guy was REALLY vague about what he did when we talked on the phone. Pretty much avoided the question at all cost. One day he called from a number that I didn't have programed into my phone....so I called the number back. I got a voicemail message for him.......


At the Beaver Trucking Company.


Yea. Great jokes all week on this one. I hung up without leaving a message and instantly started planning in my head how this date was going to go so I could tell YOU a funny story. Ya know, make up for the lame posts while in internship. Immediately I decided I am going to go out on a date with a truck driver from Beaver trucking. My main goal of the date was to get a tall brim trucker hat that said Beaver Trucking on it.
Even if it meant stealing it from his pickup.


Last night the truck driver picked me up in his jacked up Suburban that I literally needed a boost up to get into. I look around for the hat.
In the monster truck, I mention him being a trucker....because he's never really told me what he did, I needed him to know that I was totally fine with it, and hopefully by the end of the date I'd be comfortable enough to ask for the hat.
He looks over at me with a 'what the hell are you talking about?' look.
'Ya, know, the Beaver trucking company, I heard the message from the number you called me from, I laughed.'
Blank stare.
'Maybe you should be watching the road....'
Wow. Where do I start with all that? OK. I called you from my OFFICE one day, from BEERS TRUCKING, that I OWN, and have a fleet of WATER TRUCKS that are used to cool the drill bits on each machine in the oil fields.
'Oh. So there is no 18 wheeler that you drive huh?'
No.
At this point we were at the restaurant. Being led through the tables full of people I wanted to crawl under a chair and try and take back the 'your a trucker' comment. Out the door and up the stairs to the 'garden rooftop' that over looks the golf course and the national monument.
......where there is only one table made and the rest are pushed to the sides of the wall.
Yea. Totally not a truck driver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all well and good, but the real question remains.........DID YOU GET THE HAT???? Do you know how great wearing a "Beers Trucking" hat to the Aspen Jazz Festival would be? If he owns the company and can afford to rent the terrace for dinner, he should be able to come up off a hat. Just sayin........

Anonymous said...

Chris said....

I agree with Sal. A "Beers Trucking" hat would be sweet. Isn't it funny how your imagination runs rampant? However, if it didn't, I wouldn't enjoy your blog so much. Keep on Truckin !!