Monday, July 02, 2007

Lets all pause and enjoy a moment from me to you.......



So this is kind of from the rescent archives, but it may be relevant later so I'm going to tell it.



My little diesel car. I absolutely love her. Sometimes (clearing throat) when I go to the gas station (looking around) people will come up in a panicky kind of way and say....



"oh honey! your putting diesel in your car!!"



Yea. Like I'm an idiot that thought I would use the green pump because I thought the color looked pretty.



So, star swipe to a recent gas fill up. When I pulled into the station there was no one around.


No one.

So when I turned off the car and left the ipod on....turning it up a little.....ok a lot.....I felt completely safe in singing and doing a little Santana cha cha-ing while I was filling up the tank. Song over, and the next ipod song is pretty quiet. (loud quiet loud quiet.....I dont enjoy that when the ipod is in the car)



Exit young guy from inside the store.....I immediately think.....shit, I wonder if he saw me dancing...on the plus side he was IN the store, so he could NOT have heard me making up Spanish words to the Santana song..... He makes eye contact and b-lines for my car pointing......



"That's a diesel right?"



Yes. (i smile is a smart ass way) That's why I'm using the green pump.



"i meant that in a 'your not dumb' kind of way"



Thank you.



'I take it you've heard that before then'.

Yea once.

He laughs and we make some small talk about gas mileage and blah blah flirt. All the while I'm cleaning up at the tank, and suddenly ....the ipod song changes again ....and it is back to the volume that Santana was.......only louder.



and it's Barry White.

Its loud Barry White.



Oh yea baby. I shut my eyes and thank god for this very second where I could not feel more red. I turn and hussel towards to car laughing.



'Nice to talk to you' ....i yell without looking back and look into the car and I swear I see the dog laughing at me. With my back turned from him he stops about 8 feet from where we were standing and yells

'There isn't any way your single is there?'



I was laughing so hard at this point I just looked back trying not to snort amidst my laughter...

'Hard to believe isn't it?'

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

I like to respond with things like, "Is there any way I could be?"

WanderingGirl said...

I meant "couldn't" be.