Monday, May 29, 2006

no boys allowed


Ahhhhh. Much better. Molly and I are having the 'Girls Memorial Weekend'. This is from Day 1 at Rifle Falls. Now, my intention of escaping the heat worked a little too well. Day 1 started out at 50 degrees with some on and off rain. The one time in my life that I didn't pack a rain jacket, or long pants, but we did have a flashlight, which according to the hiking guide is key to seeing into the caves.

As we were pulling up to the ranger station, Molly looks over at me:
'Um how much do you think this is going to be?'
I have 10, it can't be more then that. And if it is, we might have to show boobies.
'Um, lets hope they don't have high expectations'
So... These are the caves that you crawl around in.
Um.

I didn't know this about myself, but I don't like bats.

I REALLY don't like bats.

The flash went off on the picture below and I heard a squeak squeak, looked up and I could have died right then and there. I ran out of that cave, pushed Molly down to get passed her, and was a good quarter mile down the trail before I stopped. After that Molly kept the flashlight and I held the dogs as she crawled around the caves...
I think God got such a chuckle out of that, the rain stopped, and the rest of the day was beautiful.

Girls weekend. What a good idea.

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

A very good idea indeed! Looks like you had beautiful hikes.

Anonymous said...

How spectacular! Waterfalls are my absolute favorites, but I'm not so much on bats and caves... Trading off the flashlight was a very good option.

Anonymous said...

hey!
Just stopping by to let you know I have moved. My new addr is http://spaces.msn.com/girldogblog if you want to change your link for me. Thanks!
-Jenni