Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Boohdra & Scarlotte




Molly and I maintained a water theme throughout the memorial day weekend.

Except for when we went out downtown in Glenwood Springs....then it was the usual budweiser and captain theme.

Day 2 we drove up to No Name (actual name of this town/exit) and hiked what I think I remember being called Jess's Trail. If you like a single track climb, that zig zags a raging river, this one is for you. The loop is 27 miles with a 5000 ft elevation gain, which considering the climb, it wasn't bad with the river there to keep a very cool temp. The water was so quick too we had to be on the dogs constantly to keep them out of the current. I've had to jump in a river once to get my dog, and I have no intention of letting that happen again.


Glenwood Springs is a cool little town. Good Food and shady bars.....what else could a girl ask for? Molly and I were Boohdra and Scarlotte for the night(we got to choose the others alias).

I want to do this for a living. Boohdra and I drove our separate ways after the hike....She and Abby are doing Awesome. Good choice for adoptive parents. Cookie and I are back in GJ and thankfully it has cooled down here, although she immediately resumed her spot in front of the fan within minutes of walking through the door. I guess you can take the girls out of the mountain.....

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great trip...yeh I have also assumed an alias, I was Savannah a Marine Biologist from Charleston.

Anonymous said...

So glad Abby's doing well in her new home. ~Nicole