Thursday, June 01, 2006

FUH2

So, I've had this story for a bit (some of you have heard it already from when it happened), but I really felt that a picture was necessary for the full effect to blog it. So here we go.

I'm in the Vitamin Cottage grocery store and there is a very cute man flirting with me every other isle.

After being my fabulous self and shamelessly flirting, in the checkout line as he's paying, he scribbles down his number and hands it to me. You know, since I'm new in town, If I need a dinner date or someone to go the movies with. Ok. He's witty, and bold which is a double bonus, and the tall dark and cuteness hits the trifecta. Even the cashier looks at me after he'd wheeled his cart out the door with raised eyebrows and says 'wow, very cute'. I blush. I can't believe I just pulled that off.

So of course there is going to be a big flaw right?

As I'm carrying out my groceries I look over to see cut patutie over there, loading up his groceries into......you guessed it......a Hummer.

Oh hell no.

Seriously? Are you kidding me? (and of course I'm not) My boldness still alive and kicking, I march right over, set down my groceries behind this monstrosity of a car that is now blocking out the sun, and dig through my pocket taking out his number. With my arm held out dangling the paper I say:

'I need to give this back to you'

What? ..... Why?...... Are you married?

'No. This (pointing) You drive a Hummer. Frankly, knowing that, I can tell you it would never work between us. Honestly. I'm more like a VW bus. Your a Hummer. It's impossible.'

What? Are you crazy?

(damn it how does he know that I'm crazy?) Here. Take your number. (and he finally does) This Hummer (pointing in quick circles wildly at it), represents everything that I'm not.

Seriously?

Yea. (then I turned around, picked up my grocery bags and headed home)

I don't think anyone has ever won the trifecta.


5 comments:

Amy said...

good call...

WanderingGirl said...

Did you make him take the picture of you before you stormed off? Now THAT'S the bold move!

Anonymous said...

I say look at the potential.... If you could have shown him the error of his evil ways, you could have bought a fleet of buses and more pancake mix that you could have cooked up in a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

that's my superstar!! good move girl- ps I now have the internet at my house- ames

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious, Amanda. I love this story!

Of course, I married an Army man, and I sure as HELL never meant to do that!

~Nicole