Friday, June 16, 2006

Searching for enlightenment

After a long day at work, where I was still trying to shake off the funk, I managed to haul my little butt to the bikram yoga class. As I lay on the mat in the 99, soon to be 103 degree room, for some very odd reason......

Instead of enlightenment.....I got a serious case of church giggles.

You know the kind. Something simple sets it off at a completely inappropriate time.

Like I was 10 and looked over in the pew to see Tiffany crossing her eyes, and a WAVE of uncontrollable belly giggles hit me. Not even mom smacking us on the knees telling us 'I will drop you pants right here and now in front of god and everyone if you don't get it under control young lady'. (**that actually would make the giggles worse, envisioning mom spanking Tiff and I, in the middle of the isle, as god himself was turned around, shaking his head in disappointment from the front row**)

Or the outdoor Beaufort wedding where Drew (who was the brother of my date) got me threatened by various family members of his to stop the church giggles. That one was justified. Please. Between the drunk preacher and the dog howling from his forced entrapment under the above ground pool.
The priest said:
'God made Adam..(long pause)..And after a while Adam got lonely, (more long pause followed by a drunken sway) Adam looked around at all of gods creatures finding none of them quite suitable enough as a wife'. My eyes got big and I looked over at Drew looking for support, and right on cue that dog belted out a howl of sure pain.

Come on. Who wouldn't loose it at that?

So back to yoga. I'm in my usual spot in between the freakishly strong 50 year old woman, and the hairy man, whom I'm sure is the missing link.. And there I went. Full blown church giggles between the circus freaks.
Im searching, sweating out pounds of water, positive that enlightenment is bound to be in there somewhere, all the while holding in the church giggles with every position change. Try doing that for 55 minutes. It was great core strengthening.

I guess I must have sweat out The Funk.

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Pimp!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it!

You unknowingly inspired me the other week to visit the snoopy.com website; while I was there, I HAD to buy my beagle a snoopy t-shirt. Well, it arrived, and he looks SO CUTE! It's also kinda functional cuz he's allergic to pollen and it prevents him from scratching away at his fur. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a blog dedicated to Winter just so I can show off his new t-shirt. But I just posted another blog today dedicated to my husband's Thai vegetarian feasts he makes for us!

Okay, now it is time for my own yoga session. (Luckily, I do it by myself at home, so I can do my dorky "smile" experiment or any other otherwise not-appropriate-for-yoga-class things.

Say hi to your doggy for me!
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

hi, it's ME again...

thought you might like to know I dedicated today's post to you! Hope you like it!

Also, which recipes did you want? You can email me at nicoledomini@hotmail.com for them if you want (of course, I'll have to have Victor get them for me).

Hope you have a super Sunday!
~Nicole