Monday, June 26, 2006

Wish You Were Here


I have to admit, since the burning of Pearl, I have been a little gun shy about jumping back into the bus hunt. But who would could have seen the rowdy Scotsman just a few blocks away looking to sell his bus and take his bride to California? Luckily one of the regulars at the brew pub saw it and came to find me. Good call. I owe that sweet lady a beer.

I bought him this morning. (This is a boy bus) He hasn't told me his name yet.

I was so nervous and excited all at once that I made Liz walk over with me. Then it took me about 20 minutes to figure out where reverse was.....Oh I see you have to push DOwn! Gotcha Note how this bus is NOT on fire.

The bus even came with a six pack of beer in the fridge.

Wish you were here!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cookie looks as happy as you, and the new "man" in your life is a hunk! Now go to the grocery store parking lot or your friends place in the country and practice shifting and grinning at the same time.
I love you.......

bakerquest said...

Looks like a french fry to me.
Go to Greasecar.com to find out what I mean. If your EV is diesel, you could spend about $1K gettinf it converterd to burn McDonald's used Fryer Grease. Or a better source would be Oriental Buffet restaurants. If you want to know more and don't feel like searching. email me at baker_9900 at yahoo dot com.

WanderingGirl said...

Pimp!

WanderingGirl said...

Does this mean I get a new shirt? Make it a Large this time please!

Anonymous said...

Me too on the bigger tee-shirt issue Minn. I'm afraid the one with Pearl on it will have to be made into a pillow. Too small for your fluffy but loveable Ma.

miss king said...

Whoooo hoooo! Last night I just went and sat in the bus with the top up in the parking lot.
He's not a diesel Baker, I wish I could pull the conversion. Can it be done on petrol?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! You got your bus! You guys will make such a happy family!!! Can you drive to Germany and visit us?!

By the way, that little troll witch scares you? I loved that thing! I wanted to BUY it, but it was WAY too expensive! That's probably why I got my picture taken by her LAST year as well!!!!!

Have fun with your new bus! Maybe you should give him a German name, like Helmut or Dieter? Just a suggestion...

~Nicole

Martini said...

Love it! Looks mint?! Good things come to those who wait. Can't wait to check it out....

Amy said...

Oh Amanda! I love him! I knew it was only a matter of time for the right man to come along...and this one doesn't leave dirty clothes laying around for you to pick up.