Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yea Baby




Sure. I'm crazy.


Anyone who knows me one bit, knows my true love for VW busses. I love them, they make me smile. I see one, and I wave to it. I walk by one, and I say 'hi bus!'. I'm an idiot, and obviously insane, but I love them. I do. And now.....I bought one on e-bay last night. Amy wrote a fantastic blog about what I put them through last night. http://desperatehousewifelife.blogspot.com




You can't wipe the perma grin off of my face. I've named her Pearl.

I've got to go get her. She's in Idaho. I thought about it last night as I lay in bed, wide awake at 2 am from excitement...... I haven't been this excited since I was little and got my first 'big' horse Annie. Suddenly I felt like I was 10 again.

And then I cried.

Not because I had just bought a bus older then I am. Or the fact that it's probably going to take me a week to get home. AND I'm most likely going to spend that week in and out of tow trucks. No. I cried because I realized how sad I've been for so long. Too long. How much I've let events in my life bring me down. Worry me. Frighten me.

My Pearl....has reminded me of the purity of happiness.

And this is my happiness.

4 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Nice work. I love Pearl already. Even her slight need for botox over the right eye. She's fantastic!

WanderingGirl said...

ps... Ryan was born in '72.

Amy said...

Ahhh Pearl...happiness can be found in the strangest places, in this instance it was Ebay. Amandaland is a beautiful place. :o)

Anonymous said...

How far is this bus? Man you could be over halfway back to S.C. wow