Thursday, November 16, 2006

Duck a la sumthin sumthin


November 16th for Amanda
The idea of "mixing it up" to vary your routine can have an enormous appeal for you today. I wholeheartedly suggest that you explore your options and research new possibilities.

It's obviously in the stars.
So I decided this afternoon that since I failed a physics quiz yesterday, cried on my couch because I was homesick, threw a pencil across the kitchen (obviously testing physics), and failed miserably to follow through on plans I made.....all while in the presence of Ponch.....hey, maybe I'll make him dinner tonight. After all, he did have a rough week....and my horoscope did mention using a mixer....

Now, lets have a moment of silence for the fishy cookies the boy ate last time and possibly say a quick prayer (if that's how you swing) for tonight's dinner.

I have since learned lesson 1.
The apron that you used to dust off the cookbook, should be worn when using the electric mixer.

Wine. This is going to take lots of wine.

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

sweet hey-zeus! That boy's in for a feast! And you'rein for a lot more wine.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... yeah, I'm thinking you should probably just STOP COOKING. It's what I do. If I can't "just add water", I STAY AWAY. Luckily, Victor's a good cook.

I liked the photo debut below. It finally dawned on me that we're both dating (well, married to in my case) officers. So did you end up sharing your blog with him? I apologize if you already revealed this -- I've missed a few entries.

Speaking of entries, (like how I always work that in) stop by if you can. I just posted a picture of 5 year old me. It's pretty cute, I must say. Me and my training wheels.

Take care, Amanda, and no more crying. It's only physics. Well, actually, physics would probably make me cry too. That's why I stayed away from it. Though I did take 3 astronomy classes at OU that were less about stars and more about physics. On second thought, I understand your tears.

~Nicole

Anonymous said...

rembemer physics is 1/2 theoretical and we all know that discussing the theoretical nature of things, including physics, is made easier, and in direct proportion, to the amount of wine consumed.

Don't do PB&J's and wine.

1. Boil water and 2 tsp of salt, add 4 cups penne pasta unitl cooked soft with a little bite (drop the term al dente on him);
2. in a seperate pan sautee on low heat extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan) sun dried tomatoes (you can get them in a jar in the store), a touch of garlic, a touch of basil and some red pepper flakes for heat.
3. Drain and add penne, stir until coated.
4. Pour in bowls and top with parmesean or asiago cheese
5. serve with wine and good bread with olive oil to dip in.

Less than 30 minutes and easy