Sunday, November 19, 2006

Turkey Lurkey Dooo

So I'm thinking of doing Turkey Tour 2006.

Seriously, I'm in it for the pie.

Seems the true spirit of Thanksgiving is alive as I have gotten not 1, not 2 , not 3....but 4 invitations to Thanksgiving dinners.

People get sad when they ask me about thanksgiving and I tell them how far far away my family is. Last year Tiffany and I hauled a U-Haul into GJ and ate at an IHop with mom and dad on speaker phone. We had pie.

And here a year later...... Turkey Tour of 06. I thought of making shirts like at a rock concert, since I'm insisting on dragging Ponch with me. I'm telling 'sweet pea' that sits next to me in class about it.
'Maybe a handprint on the front made into a turkey'....
'yea' she says, then you can put THANK YOU GRAND JUNCTION!!!! on the back.

Thats perfect. Turkey tour 2006. 3 days of Turkey and Pie.

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

May I suggest that you bring your own tupperware for "to go" pie. And make sure they're serving a variety. Very important that you have a smackling of a variety of pie on the Tour.

Anonymous said...

Good ideas girls! I also think you should take a permanent fabric pen with you and get the cooks and other memorable characters to sign the shirt as you go! Remember zip-lock baggies (large size) to go along with the tupperware. Good for hauling away yummy leftovers that you can put in the cooler kept in the back of the car. You might not have to cook before Christmas! Dad says put a festive bandana on Cookie. It can be quickly whipped around to serve as a canine bib if opportunity arises... I know you have Ponch with you there, and I am glad, but I still expect to spend some quality time on speaker phone.

Anonymous said...

I've got you beat on the distance thing when it comes to family, but don't feel sorry for me. I've got some touring plans of my own, but they don't involve turkey!

Happy Touring!
~Nicole