Friday, January 27, 2006

Awwwaaa TK!


Hey there kids it's Tiffs birthday! I called her this morning to have the phone answered in the following way (give it a beat like your rapping) 'It's my birthday, it's my birthday, I'm 31, an old lady, it's my birthday, the old lady, do you like, the way I work it?' Now normally in our family there is a 'hey peppy peppy birdlegs song'. I think (but the memory may be made up on this one), but I think that peppy birdlegs originated from a Mexican restaurant where the song happy birthday sung by a Mexican Meriocchi band came out sounding more like Hey Peppy Peppy Birdlegs. In my family, crazy shit like that sticks. So lets give a Peppy birdlegs cheer for Tiffany and the way she works it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

In the words of my cat Mille, "There are worse things than getting older...you could have to use your tounge as toilet paper." On that note have a Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear my oldest daughter was rappin' this morning when you got her. I made up a new song in honor of the big day (get up, get up, get outta bed. Put on dancin' shoes, the ones that's red...etc.) but there's nothing like the tried and true Peppy Bird Legs. Give her hugs and kisses from the Mother Ship when you see her tomorrow and travel safely. :c)

WanderingGirl said...

Carey Dill Knapper started Peppy Birdlegs after going with us to ChiChi's for Amanda's birthday (where there version of Happy birthday does indeed sound like peppy birdlegs.) Although CD's original version was Hey Pepe (pay-pay) birdlegs, and the King clan morphed it.

Either way, Happy Birthday to me!