Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sweet Jesus!!


Ok. Where do I even start with this one? Lets go with the ending and go backwards. Last night I unknowingly wound up at a Mormon Mary Kay party. Yea. True story. Considering at the beginning of the night I was sitting in the Taco Bell parking lot waiting to meet up with a girl I met at yoga. We were 'going to one of her friends house, who was working on facials and makeovers, and needed some practice for her portfolio.' Ok sure, I don't wear makeup, but I checked my schedule, and it was wide open, so I thought why not? (In hindsight I have about six answers to the why not question.) Now, to be fair, as I was sitting in the car watching the local meth deal go down in the taco bell parking lot, the thought actually crossed my mind that I didn't know this person, and I could have just signed myself up for some twisted swinger fest. And later, as my face was covered in a microderm abrasion mask, six layers of skin later, and listening to a conversation on something called book 5 and someone's upcoming 'testing', I was really thinking that the lesbian swinger night wouldn't have been so bad. Now to be fair, these people were really nice, and the situation would not have been so bad, say....had I been under the influence......
When I got home I told Cookie the story, she was rolling on the floor (first at the amount of bronze glowing foundation I had on, and then at the speed I had running down the hall to the bathroom to wash my face) We sat up and drank beer to calm the burning of my poor sensitive skin, literally throbbing with every heartbeat. Teva had one to many and fell asleep after dressing up as an angel. She is one funny dog.

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

If only Frank had been as quick as I hoped he would be. Amanda could have missed the Mormon Mary Kay party altogether(by the way, she's been condemned for having had the beer, and for having led her dog into temptation)and had a late night cup of coffee (decaf of course) to avoid the lesbian swingers too.