Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Poor Frank

ok. Some things are too funny not to share. I'm in the coffee shop, still hacking into the internet bc Grand junction is slow as molasses on hook up. Anyways, as Im standing at the delivery counter this guy comes up to me and the following conversation happens:
him (he looks like a frank, so I make a snap decision and decide that's his name) Frank: hey
me: hi
Frank: wow it's cool that you came, ya know, that you made it
me: (confused, but a smart ass) yea, it was touch and go there for a while, but I finally made it out of the house
Frank: so I got us a table
me: ummmmm, no thanks
Frank: wait, Karen, I thought we would
me: Im not Karen
Frank: really?
me: really.
frank: but I thought?
me: sorry frank, Im not Karen.
Frank: who's frank?
(later, frank walks into the room, and the girl at the table next to me on a laptop (streched out earrings, tattoos and punked up dyed black hair....I swear to god I'm not making this up) looks up at him and says what must be his real name. (obviously his real name bc he stops when he hears it and looks over. He looks panicked, looks at her, looks at me, looks back, she gets up and I can't help but shake my head & laugh......poor frank)


3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

If he'd had a lick of sense, he would have said "sorry, I'm Frank. I'm with her" and pointed at your. Poor Frank.

Anonymous said...

If he had been as quick as Tiff hoped he would have been, he would have deserved a cup of coffee and a rescue..... You're both right. Poor Frank.

bakerquest said...

I normally name everything Frank. Like when a computer program prompts you to name a file: I always say Frank. Sometimes Tim, but mostly Frank. I almost named my car Frank, but then deiced to ask around for advice.