Wednesday, June 06, 2007


I know I know.



I'm a terrible terrible friend. I don't write and you get worried....But you love me. You know you do.

So you know that commercial for Mucinex where the nasty goopy guy is sitting in the chair, and the lung coughs and he goes shooting up the broncus? Well, goopy guy has been residing in my chest for the last week. In fact it feels a lot like this fron guy is in my lungs.

So I went out and got a box of that stuff, and lesson learned......although very effective, Mucinex is not the answer for the girl who can't halk a loogie.

Pretty much the last 3 days have been spent with me gagging in various trash cans and toilets in town.



Nice. I am a classy girl.



So this week of my clinical rotation is spent at the VA. Certainly different then last week when I was gagging in a trash can in St. Marys CT rotation for reasons other then my cold. *shivers* Let me tell you just how much I love old military men as patients.

a) They don't complain
b) They do exactly as told
c) They as no questions

Sweet. This is my kind of hospital. Plus I get to hear about 3 times a day....

'Honey, if I was 30 years younger, I'd be giving your boyfriend a run for the money.'

Oh you. Then I almost immediately turn red when I tell them they have to remove their pants for the CT exam and almost every time when I turn to get a gown from the closet, I'm face to face with a half naked old man.

'OK then here is your gown... oh sweet jesus I give you guys an order and theres not a second to loose is there?!.'

Then of course I cough and Im back to gagging out a loogie in the trash can.

Those guys are growing to love me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I promise I will look at the papers this weekend. I know I know I am a bad brother. Case closed!

Anonymous said...

Both you and your sis giving vets something to smile about. Your Grandpa's would be very proud.

Hope you feel better soon cause that's one ugly frog.....