Friday, February 03, 2006

Bar Crawl...or pedal



Good times good times. Where do I begin? My head is really pounding which is making processing thoughts and being witty really hard this morning. So bear with me, I'm trying. Matt and Kelly's friend Nick (who I think in the few years I've known, I've run into maybe half a dozen times in Boulder) is training with his bike team this week here in Grand Junction. So of course I don't know him well, or any of his friends, but you don't have to lead me into temptation....I already know the way. I take Nick up on his offer of meeting downtown as they ride bikes from bar to bar. Great idea right? I thought so too. You know it's going to be a good time when someone asks you if your ready to hop on some handlebars and go for a spin. Awesome group of guys, some from the team, some from the local bikeshops, an assortment of bikes from retired racing bikes to pink cruisers (my personal fav). By the end of the night Nicks bike was broken (literally going to be hung on the wall of the shop now broken), and I think there was only one crash. (turns out that you can't ride a cruiser street bike up a wall....who knew?) The Largest bite of nachos was caught on film (oh, that's why my stomach hurts), and the longest pool game in history was played. (extra points for the creative shooting)

Then the game took a very serious turn. (Turns out that having a toothpick in your mouth and a hard look of concentration, doesn't actually improve your game.)

Good times.

1 comment:

Martini said...

You are invited to ride my handlebars anytime! Thanks for putting up with a bunch of bike nerds like myself. Drop a line to hang out this week if I don't beat you to it..... off to microwave my boxers....for the hell of it