Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bottled up courage



Hey Amy!
Rocking it like an original Allman brothers jam.
Let me just tell you how proud of this girl I am. Tiffany and I drove to WP this morning to watch Amy in her first Rail Jam since her accident 2 years ago. Ok... Seriously.... It's one thing to get back into snowboarding, it's another to see a 35 foot long metal rail with a 3 foot gap between the jump and the rail, and think...i'm going to ride that biatch. Come on, even drunk you couldn't convince me to try this. And there she goes, time after time, pushing the boys out of the way. I look at this on a personal level because it makes me breath funny. To watch her, nervous as hell, grinning ear to ear, hike up that hill and hit it over and over and over again. Each time getting to the bottom, high fiving her family, friends and random people cheering her on, then to turning around and doing it again. Total raw courage. She could have bottled it up and sold it today.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely rock solid FABULOUS! Amy gives "you go girl!" a higher meaning. I am glad you were there to cheer her on and the pics are great. Frosty kudos and hugs to you all.......

Amy said...

GO Amy! There is something about girls named Amy that rock! It makes me miss Winterpark in a cold as hell sort of way.