Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Just One

I had a moment a while back after moving to Grand Junction. (I never mentioned it before because sadly, a part of me was embarrassed of my own haze) One of those 'wake up in your life moments'. Obviously I had never really had one of these before (even though I thought I had and was wrong). I was in the jeep of all places too, and this song started on one of my many mixed CDs. I've listened to this a thousand times before, but I guess had never let it sink in until that moment. Everything was different now. The view, my town, my job, my body, my life. Its all changed. And there I was with Bono reminding me that I only have one. And I realized.................... I haven't done enough with this one.

Meet my girls. My small attempt to do something outside of my amandaland. Something that doesn't have a thing to do with me. My one. They are awesome. He's right you know.

You've got to do what you should.

Whatever it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda......
This morning you have taken my breath away. These beautiful girls will fill cracks in your heart and leave their little hand and footprints all over your soul. I celebrate them and I celebrate you.

WanderingGirl said...

Go Mindo! Go Mindo! Go Mindo!

(I'm doing the cabbage patch!)

Amy said...

Amanda I now know being a mom what it means to be selfless and it the most wonderful feeling in the world...enjoy it and have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

hey honey I finally got to read your blogs, way funny, I think you should consider journalism. Good times, I went riding today (only on little rails and mash potaoes). Anyways miss you honey. loves thelma.
ps I cant believe thelma &louise wasnt on your favorite movie list- come on young HOT Brad Pitt, classic conv. the only thing that would make it better would be a furry white dog -