Monday, March 13, 2006

The special girl lives upstairs



Aweeeee My Skis! Don't say it. I know I'm the coolest person you know. The pictures prove my timeless fashion sense. But wait, you'll be envious. I'm certain the person who got the best show today was the guy in the dentist chair downstairs. Imagine sitting there, waiting for the dentist, big bay window to look out of , watching the birds, hearing the wind chimes, when suddenly you see me. Ski cap on,(it's nice and sunny here today) green jacket, blue jeans (rolled up to my knees so that I can see how cool my new boots are), skis on (there is no snow on the ground), poles hooked onto my hands (lets reflect on my lack of simple coordination), and a white dog running around me at this fiasco barking wildly. I bet he questioned whether or not the nitrous was left on causing this hallucination. I was just trying to walk actually, but those really high exaggerated steps because I have long skinny skis on. Plus the poles are very long so it was an awkward feeling limbs flying everywhere, trying not to stab myself or the dog, and lifting my knees high enough to keep the skis from hitting each other or the poles. Yes yes, sheer poetry in motion.

Now as you can tell the skis have red stripes on them. To me, this means that they go faster. (this has been my belief since I was 7 and had a pair of red shoes to run in. Red Strip = Fast) I even went as far as to clean off the red strip so that they could do there magic in a race. Special I know.

And no, you don't even have to ask. I haven't taken the boots off yet. In fact I just might sleep in them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda........ you and Forrest Gump. How funny. I have no trouble believing you will be sleeping in your snappy ski boots tonight. You have a long and colorful history of wearing new stuff that you were really tickled with to bed. The wooden shoes Grandma and Grandpa King brought to you from Holland and your first clogs and first "jellies" deserve honorable mention, but the winner (up to this point) in my book were the new cowboy boots you got to wear to the Ross County Fair when you were 5. When you showed up in the denMonth=2

WanderingGirl said...

The short bus will pick you up promptly at 8am. Too bad the boots aren't red too! Two words... Vancouver 2010. Unless 2010 isn't a word. Then it's a word and a number. See you on the short bus.

Anonymous said...

AS I was saying...... you showed up in the den wearing your long nightgown and the boots saying you couldn't sleep. We told you maybe your feet weren't happy sleeping in the boots and you said "I don't think so! There's probably just a big, loud bug in my room!". So if the ski boots get worn tonight, tell Cookie to be on guard.
Glide on.......

Amy said...

Sweet skis...as far as the dentist goes they will become used to you. They might need to get a disclaimer sign to hang in the office that says soething like, "Crazy girl and white dog live upstairs, perfectly harmless". Now get out there and look for some snow!

WanderingGirl said...

Maybe the sign should also say "she takes pills."