Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sun bathing 101

I could teach a class on sun bathing.
I guess that's the southern in me. I had a few hours to kill this morning, so in preparation for my Spanish midterm on Tuesday, I grabbed my note cards, chips and salsa, and hit the deck. Literally my 6ftx4ft deck. Covered in SPF 30, I got a good hour and a half in before it was time for the park and then off to work.
At the park I got to chat with the two bus owners that live on the street. (i didnt have my camera with me or else I would have gotten a shot of the dueling busses). They were really funny. They were telling me that when they drive their bus, everyone waves at them...(me)'I do that, I wave at every bus I see!'......(guy)'Why?, it's like I see the wave and Im thinking, are they pointing at something? Did my muffler fall off? Are my pants hanging from the back door on fire? I barely got my hand back on the wheel before it's off again waving at someone else.'......
Oh those old hippies had me cracking up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great info on bus drivers Minn. Now you can add another activity to your schedule... developing your own wave!! I say work hard on the "Miss America" number. Then people who pass you will say "Man, I should have known that Miss America drove a bus... exactly as I hoped". And an early tan just adds to the mystique.

bakerquest said...

Sunbathing next to the snowshovel.

Oh, did I tell you eveytime that I log onto your page the song "Living in America" by James Brown plays in my head, except the words are replaced by "Living in Amandaland".

Amy said...

There's only two things missing...a hot cabana boy and a margarita. Don't worry there is all summer to complete the picture. Happy sunning, miss you.

Amy said...

Hey is that Neal and I's wedding quilt you are laying on?!

miss king said...

I'll finish it by the time Gracie graduates........college.
Maybe I'll work on it while your taking your turn driving the bus!