Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Take a seat

Ok guys. Im obsessive about things. I think that's quite obvious if you have spent any time at all with me. So being denied from the rad tech program was like being shot down by a blind hunter. So I went over, and over, and over again in my head with it until I finally gave it up......And went to the head of the department to find out why. Not a comfortable feeling going in knowing someone is going to tell you what is wrong with you. But I do. And I see my transcripts, and I hear from her how I was 11 points shy from the cut offs for an interview. And I leave her office. And I start to go over it in my head. And over it again. And on the third time I see in my head my GPA written on that sheet of paper and........ It wasn't right.
So I go the registrars office and I don't have my ID, so they wont give me my transcripts. So I go to study and start talking to Tish my A&P lecture study partner, turns out she works in the registrars office. So I get my transcripts. And I call Winthrop (at 5pm last night SC time), and print out on the computer their transcripts. And then this morning I met with the registrars office to review, and my GPA was calculated incorrectly.

So I go back to the head of the rad tech office in hope that my higher GPA will earn me more points on my application. And it did. 10. One point shy. I thought I was going to pass out. She suggests that I find my A&P professor and get a print out of my current grade. So Im now running around campus, (literally) searching for Dr. Chowdry. And she was in her office. (what are the odds of that?) And I get the print out. And run back across campus with 11 minutes left to get to the head of rad techs office hours for the week (ironic the 11 minutes isn't it? I thought that too) My grades bought me 3 points. Im over the limit.

I have the last interview slot. Friday. 5:30.
Well at least I'm using my craziness to my advantage. Its kind of like learning how to harness the wind.....

6 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Do you like the way she works it?

Ya baby!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Amanda you rock...I knew your OCD would come in handy one day! Good luck (like you really need it)!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! My happy dance was a LOT like yours, except I was crying. Sappy, happy old one.... Now go get 'em kid. We all know you're quite the talker...

bakerquest said...

Sorry girls. All I can say is fucking awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

Congrats on the interview! Did you really post this at 11:11 a.m.?!

Take care,
Nicole (as in allthingsnicole)

miss king said...

wow I never noticed that. 11's all day