Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Draft

***First draft of Nikon letter explaining why I don't have my receipt, but should be considered for warranty on digital camera.***




Dear Nikon employee opening this box,

Enclosed you will find my Nikon digital camera. It was purchased by my family for my birthday on Jan.3 this year, and should therefore still be covered under the 1 year warranty. I called my mother to ask about the receipt and she told me it would be in the box..... then talked to me about my brothers upcoming wedding for 30 minutes. I did not find the receipt in the box, but my birthday card still is, so I am including it as evidence that I'm not making this up. (exhibit A) Please don't ask me to call her again to have her look somewhere else. In fact, here is her number ***-***-****. Feel free to call, she will not lie to you about the purchase date, and could possibly tell you about the wedding. Yes, we are all excited. Mom especially. It's the first wedding for her kids. I'd like to bring my digital camera.

I'm not sure why the camera stopped working. It just did. It says 'System Error 10', which according to Nikon phone support means, 'Mail back to Nikon'. Maybe next years model you could just put that as the prompt on the camera and save some cell phone minutes for us all.

I use my camera on a daily basis for my blog that helps my family keep track of me. Without the camera, my stories aren't as funny. In fact here it is: livinginamandaland.blogspot.com , you can look under the January archives and see when I got it. (exhibit b). You can also see first hand how much I use my camera. Please fix it and mail it back to me as soon as you can. My family will worry, and I need to have pictures of mullets for a contest.

Thanks,
Amanda

PS. I noticed your office is in El Segundo.....Didn't someone leave a wallet there once?

12 comments:

212degreedesigns said...

i'd fix it if i opened the box.
without a doubt.

not saying they won't show it to their coworkers and all laugh....

but i would fix it.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you crack me up! If I worked there, I would go ahead and fix it for ya! Good luck!

~Nicole
p.s. did you get Victor's and my mullet photo links in the comment sections of your last two blog entries? We know we are not officially in the contest, but with your camera missing maybe you can take credit for them yourself? Anything to help the writer of one of my favorite blogs!!!

~Nicole

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT choice of words. I've got your back and will be waiting for Nikon's call.......

WanderingGirl said...

I guess we'll know if a Nikon-man starts commenting on your blog. Or maybe you'll get it back with a few mullet-shots from the factory courtesy of the Nikon-guy!

Amy said...

Let's just hope this Nikon guy is not a stalker. He now has your blog address and your mother's phone number.

Anonymous said...

"I gotta gotta get it.. I gotta get it" Too freakin funny min. The use of exhibits proves that you are spending much to much time speaking with lawyers. Love you, your favorite lawyer.

Anonymous said...

It appears that you wrote you letter in English, could be a fatal mistake for your camera, Nikon is Japanese which of course means their products are made in Mexico, which means that warranty claims and repairs are done in India-Im sure the 4 year old Indian boy will get a charge out of your letter, he'll probably use it for a roof on his pallet house

jsager said...

damn tip, whadday drive so far for?

Anonymous said...

Oh please your having a mullet contest. I hear that Grand Junction can take Pittsburgh. I don't think so. We are the mullet capital, follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullet_(haircut), which if I am correct (and I used the search function on internet explorer) it does admit that Pittsburgh is the Mullet capital of America. If you search for Grand (short for Grand Junction) it is not mentioned. So PLEASE girlfriend. Just remember when you are bragging about your bros wedding it will be in the mullet capital of America. Recognize!

Erin

P.S. No offense meant if I caused Any!

miss king said...

wow, thats a lot of trash talk for someone without any pictures......

maybe I'll get a mullet cut for your wedding...since I'll be in this alleged 'mullet capitol' and all

Anonymous said...

OK....... I'm NOT saying that Aiken is the mullet capitol of the universe, but I went to Aiken's Makin' yesterday and really should have had a camera as a whole lot of mullets were there havin' a look around. I said "excuse me" on several occasions to nice "ladies" blocking entrances to booths only to have them turn around and say "no problem" through their BEARDS!!! I even started counting little kids still sporting "rat tails". As we all know, those are mullet hy-breds according to the Austin Jug Band.

Anonymous said...

Oh no... I was just stopping by to see how your week went... must have been busy! Hope school's not kicking your ass and stealing your valuable blogging time! Say hi to your pup for me!
~Nicole
p.s. I just spent a bunch of time looking at a bunch of Colorado photos from the many times my family and I visited my brother going to college in Durango (my dad had bought two condos out there so we flew out semi-often). SUCH a pretty area. I miss it out there sometimes.