Sunday, September 24, 2006

Good Night Nurse


Ok, it's a little past 5 and I think I'm sober enough now to type a half way understandable sentence.

Or maybe not.

So yesterday my BFF from Winter Park (Keva) stopped off on her way to NM. I was at work, and @10 she got to the brewery. I was franticly running around begging other servers to cover my morning shift so that she and I could catch up. Much begging and bribing landed me today offf, and in return I promised to pick up the bar tab of the guy covering my shift. He took that as a personal challenge. Lets call him 'Can't handle liquor'.

A few beers, into it, I was waiting for Keva, listening to the band when I looked over to see my stalkee (WHAT!!) with what can only be his girlfriend on his lap. Couldn't be a sister. Trust me, I tried to justify it on every angle.

Booooooo says the drunk girl at the bar.

Then Keva walked in, and all was forgotten. With the help of a shot or two.

(WHAT? You? The girl who 'there is no reason to take shots' took shots??!!?)

Yup.

Then I got a shot spit on me. An Italian Stallion to be exact. Yea, I know how that just sounded. 'Can't hold his liquor' was barely standing when he demanded another shot to be served. As he was swaying back and forth he started toasting 'To Cool Chicks'. Then leaned close to me as he put the shot to his lips.
'I got to tell ya girl..Sometimes..(he whispers into the shot glass)....Sometimes I think about you.'
Keva belts out a laugh. I toss my 'what the....' look in horror, bc of course my mind went where your mind went, and that look of shock was apparently so funny that the shot went mock speed out his pinched lips and all over the side of my face.

'Can't hold his liquor' was carried out of the bar about 15 minutes later. And me, well my skin still feels a little sticky.

Good Night Nurse. That girl is funny.

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Wow, the last time I had an Italian Stallion all over my face...

Look away, family members, look away.

Anonymous said...

OBVIOUSLY, you have forgotten that you saw either Stalkee part one, or Stalkee part two. Since you had two who appeared interchangeable, just go to "plan B". It's all in the math......

Loved seeing Keva's beautiful face...

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a funny story! Sorry about your stalkee, Amanda... and sorry 'bout the "Italian Stallion" too... don't know which is worse.

Victor and I got a few mullet shots at Oktoberfest this past weekend, so I'll be back to drop them off for ya. Hopefully it'll be a nice study break for you.

~Nicole