Friday, September 22, 2006

Red Boots

I picked up my tickets today. Still not knowing 100% what I was getting myself into, I checked Channel 5's Community events, and saw that the Pirate Fair is next weekend. Agrh! That would be fun.....
So Amy3 and I went to buy scrub accessories today and ran buy to studio to pick up the tickets. I was excited. I was surprised when we pulled up to the ...um studio, which if I had my camera you could see that it looked like my grandma's old house in Florida with a big tower in the front yard. I walked in to find this little lady sitting at a desk answering the phone. She ushered me to the basement where the 'magic happens'. I had the biggest grin on my face. Could I see Garth? Does everyone record in the basement??


About two minutes later and an introduction to 'The Team' I got my tickets. I'll be headed to the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo next weekend. The news anchor passed me... 'Congratulations on the tickets! You'll need some boots wear to the show.'
I laugh
'Don't you worry about me, there are some red boots that have been waiting for this day'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Buy the disposable camera! and practice your Congress "whoop". You and your red boots will fit right in.

Anonymous said...

I say you highjack. . . can you say that without the government crashing down your door anymore???... one of those horses and show them how its done!!! Chillicothe, Ashville and South Cakalaky style cowgirl. HAVE FUN and watch out for the gelding fudge.

WanderingGirl said...

He's right, it's stud fudge all the way!

I'm jealous. I want to come.

Amy said...

I suddenly have a flash of Fran riding the mechanical bull at the York County Fair...

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! just doing some blog walking and thought Id stop by to say hey- but after reading this entry I should be saying HOWDY! How funny that you would call and win random tickets. Have a great time!