Monday, September 18, 2006

I hijacked this blog...

So, Amanda's way too busy to blog anymore, so I've hijacked her site to Text Colorkeep you all posted. (pssst... it's me, Tiffany, the wacky-but-loveable-sister!)

So far, the Little Min is rocking out in school. She wouldn't brag, but she's kicked ass on all the big tests. Like, we're talking bleeeppp is the lowest grade she's gotten on one of the big ones. An honorary high-kick should be done by all. I mean it, everybody'd better be doing a high kick right about now. If you don't know how, go here and review...

Hmmmm, now let's have some fun with this blog. Time for funny Amanda stories from childhood and beyond...

1) When Amanda was a toddler, she took off all her clothes and danced naked on a table because the neighborhood kids weren't paying attention to her. She may have done this again a few months ago after one of her nights out with Liz. The police won't release the official report.

2) When Amanda was 3 or 4, Ryan and I convinced her that if she ran fast enough around the easter egg tree (the little dogwood tree we hung plastic easer eggs from in honor of the season) that easter would come faster and she could have her candy. Sucker.

3) Once upon a time, when Amanda was in college, there was an uncomfortable time period while the police tried to identify the skinny-dippers that broke into the college pool. Some will argue (ahem, Amy) that it wasn't breaking, just entering, since the door wasn't locked. Once again, the police wouldn't release the security camera videotape.

4) Amanda warms her clothes up in the microwave when she's cold. Panties included. Eeewwww.

5) Amanda is the reason I ever took a car joy-riding. (Sorry Mom and Dad.) That child was so freakin' persistent about getting a Cadbury's egg when she was 13 that I took the car into Ashville so she could get one at the Apothecary. Do NOT stand between that buck-ten body and a Cadbury egg unless you want to die.

6) When she wakes up, she really does have muppet hair. So do I.

7) We really did write the toast for Ryan's wedding reception on a napkin. She has it tucked into the pocket of a purse. I hope she remembers to bring the purse.

8) She lived in the trailer park with me for a few weeks. Every day when I got back from work, I would get the po-po report of where the cops had been and who was throwin whose clothes out on the lawn.

9) We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant that was in the Shell gas station, then watched a Christmas parade with 7 santas in it. No wonder kids are screwed up.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. But don't be surprised if I bust up in this joint from time to time. You know, to keep you posted, or tell an embarassing story or two. Or more.


5 comments:

miss king said...

1.)True. Mom dyslocated my shoulder when I went into the 'non-violent' protest position as I was being dragged off stage.....I mean the table.
2.) You only got busted bc I dragged my tricycle out there after hours of no time travel and you thought I might flip it.
(I was fast back then too)
3.) The pool was actually pre-amy, although the two of us had checked the door from time to time walking home years later while Fran was throwing up in the bushes.
4.) Now that I have a dryer I don't do that. Note* If you try it, make sure the time is low enough that you don't melt the elastic.
5.) I love easter. Note easter tree story above. I'll do anything for chocolate
6.) Crazy like like the muppet Animal. Tiff is more like Fonzie
7.) Top 10 things we learned from our brother
8.) Trailer Park Princess
9.) The Tamalies made me hallucinate
10.) Theres no #10?

Anonymous said...

Maternal correction (or two) here. #1, I dislocated your ELBOW, not your sholder when you went limp after being removed from the coffee table and yes, I was worried about explaining the whole naked thing to the people in the ER where we had it checked out. "Hello, I'm the nice lady from social services.........." #2, You quit running around the Easter tree when I looked out the window and saw a beet red, soaked with sweat little girl in Oshkosh bib over-alls tearing it up and it was also at that point that your siblings got their butts put in a beat down.
All the rest is sadly funny, but true. Ahhhhh. Chocolate........

Good goin' on the hi-jack Tiff. Congrats on the good work with school Minn. You are BOTH rock-stars in my book. OK.... now I have to go get some pain killers cause I think I hurt myself when I did that high kick thing ;c{

WanderingGirl said...

Sadly it's Fozzie, not Fonzie, though I did make a patient give me the thumbs up and say "AAAAAAA" the other day. She's 8 and didn't get it, but I laughed and laughed.

miss king said...

It was obviously late when I commented. Elbow, check, Fozzie, check.
And Tiff tells the story with a tricycle.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to class.....

WanderingGirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.