Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Have a laugh on me

So I was headed out to class yesterday, and decided to do a little switch a roo from the road bike to the mountain bike. Ya know, that way they don't think that I'm picking favorites. So I'm peddling out from the parking lot and I sit up on my bike to adjust my backpack (it's not zipped all the way). With my hands above my head looking for the zipper, my brain decides....'Hey kid, since you have the shocked ride this morning, lets do a little off roading.' The brain has forgotten my arms are above my head.

So I wiggle and bump and oh no, I leap (landing on my feet thanks to my inner goat), but the bike does the Tokyo kick slide without me and rocks go flying. So does my bike messenger backpack that still isn't zipped. In about the .007 seconds that this took place, I glance over to see the 2 construction guys working on the foundation next door, and then a fluttering of medical terminology notecards scatter through the air. One guy is headed over.
'Wow, that was impressive'
Oh god. I look down at the notecards. We are going over the reproductive system. There are notecards scattered over the front lawn with words and descriptions of uterine lining and penises, and vagina just got caught in the breeze and is blowing around towards the bushes.
'No , no don't help me, don't look at the cards! Don't read the cards! I'm ok, I got it. DON"T READ THE CARDS!' I look over and see the card for infection in male cateterization.
I grab most and run after vagina and it's Latin meaning. Noooo!

Dear god. I hope you are getting a good laugh at this. Because certainly, I provide all of the entertainment for the neighborhood.

6 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

It could be worse. You could have had a bag full of models to go with your cards. Better keep hands securely on the handlebars next time.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you get EVERY TERM on those cards right when you take that quiz. And the prof. will never know why you're giggling...

Meanwhile, add "zip bag" to the "helmet...check," list.

Amy said...

Yep.....she must be Tiff's sister

b fisk said...

man, you're funny

WanderingGirl said...

You have to admit... vagina flying toward bush is just ironic!

Anonymous said...

You provide entertainment for more than just the neighborhood, Amanda... I'm all the way across the Atlantic being entertained by your life... your true stories couldn't be funnier if you tried to make them up!
~Nicole