Monday, September 04, 2006

Everything comes in three's for me, so when the bus wouldn't go in reverse, and the mountain bike hit the shop, I knew it was only a matter of time before I hit the trifecta. Hence why I was watching the dog so close. Luckily for me it was just the camera. That's right boys and girls, the little guy kicked it, and tomorrow morning will be shipped back to Nikon, still under warranty. Thank god something in this trio is free. This can only mean one thing. The shit will hit the fan this week and I won't have any documentation to prove....say.....a mullet smoking Kools in a stolen trans am.

Oh well. I'll just start pulling from the archives show you funny pictures. Maybe.....one of me drunk downtown making out with the frog statue? Ah, sadly I was sober.

With the busted bus, my long weekend has me camping out at home. I figured although I am quite good at driving around town without reverse (try it one day, it can be fun), It might be a bad idea to venture out and risk getting blocked in on a down hill in Telluride.

I did get to hop over to Fruita yesterday to see Jon and Beth Fisk-Tarkington race in the crit. I would have pictures to show you how fast Beth was going when she won the race, but yea, the camera thing. Well, and the fact that I was running late from work, so I really only got to see Jons race. But I'm sure it would have looked something like.... this.....only faster with more snarling and Beth yelling 'Say my name Bitch'.

Anyway, that's how I imagined it to be.

5 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

I think the camera was afraid of the mullet challenge. One little camera can only handle so much!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Beck and Elvira, Amanda... that sucks. Glad to hear the dog's tail is still wagging...

We thought about you, though, yesterday when Victor and I were on a dorky double-decker bus tour throughout Munich. Of course, we're always spotting mullets here in Germany. But Victor must have thought this guy was REALLY special when he walked by on the street because Victor jumped up from his seat on the second story of the bus and took a photo of this dude down on the street, and he exclaimed, "I'm going to submit this to Amanda's mullet contest!!!"

I kid you not. Don't be surprised if you get that link soon.

Stop by if you have time to hear about how I confronted a probably pick-pocketer in the streets of Munich yesterday.

Hope you had a nice weekend!
~Nicole

Amy said...

At least it was the camera that broke and not you. I'm pretty sure you're not under warranty. Although if you did break you could mail yourself to the farm with a sticker on the outside of the box that read, "In Need of Pie". Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

Victor just posted his german guy with the mullet photo link under your Sept. 1 entry -- just wanted to make sure you got it.

In the meantime, I will share with you my own photo of Victor himself with a mullet... let's say he was sporting this look around October 31st last year...

Mullets... pretty much the perfect haircut...
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

oops... i forgot to post the link!

http://www.bolt.com/allthingsnicole/photo/2142882

~Nicole