Thursday, September 21, 2006

Some funny stuff

When I woke up this morning I promised myself that I was not going to have another day with my tail tucked between my legs. I was the whipping boy last week in lab, and then the lecture class bomb drop test... I'd be damned if it was going to happen again.. I can't say I understand physics any better, but whipping boy no more.

4 hours later, I get home to find my sweet dog watching the channel 5 news at noon. Dropping off books and putting on a sweater I reached for my keys just as the anchor said:

Call now and win 4 tickets. 242-5000.

I have no idea why I called, but my phone was against my ear and the next thing I know I was on air.

Guys, let me stress here....I have NO IDEA what I won tickets to. NO IDEA!!
You can't really ask when your on live TV either, especially when you didn't watch a second of the broadcast. I hung up the phone and looked at the dog. 'You want to tell me what that s all about?'

She wagged her tail.

'Thats your answer for everything!'

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I pick up the tickets.

5 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, I hope it's a concert! A cool concert... not the 1988 Poison concert everyone else is still talking about. Get a mullet... you'll blend in no matter what.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have tickets to the RODEO!!!!!!! Or better yet, Professional BULLRIDING! You'd better go and take pictures, even if you have to buy a disposable camera!

Meanwhile, I will hope that this means the karmic wheel has taken a turn for the better...

Anonymous said...

If Teva was watching I think it must have something to do with thinning out the GJ squirrel population. You go Teva

WanderingGirl said...

Oh ya, and I meant to go "HIII-YAAAAAAA!!! KA-RA-TE CHOP!!!" a la Miss Piggy-style for the kicking back at Physics.

Anonymous said...

so what did you win?
~Nicole