Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Always good for a laugh

Situational Self Awareness Scenario:
You are driving in a car at a constant speed.
On your left side is a valley and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you.
In front of you is a galloping pig which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a helicopter flying at ground level.
Both the giant pig and the helicopter are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

Answer:
Get off the children's "Merry-Go-Round". You're drunk.

Agh, I needed that funny joke after my day
Normally I am a kind and understanding person, especially towards kids.

Today was a completely different story.

I had to go to Mesa County Health department for round 1 of the shots for the Rad tech department. But really after 48 minutes of being number 93 in the waiting room, I would have taken a shot in the eyeball to get away from the family of 8 kids in line waiting for their youngest brothers kindergarten shots. It was funny for a while as they were torturing him with stories of needles and injections.....Then it started hitting a little too close to home and my head started pounding. The pounding and the screaming and the smells....Oh god the smell coming from one of those kids...sweet jesus.
Turns out the following can be added to the list of things not to say in public:

Little boy, if I hear the Bob the Builder song one more time I am going to hold you down and papercut you to death with the Highlights magazine.
and:
I hope your in here for birth control.

I wanted to high five people when my number was finally called. I looked over at the grey haired lady swatting one of the middle aged kids out of her purse and felt her pain. See you know it was bad if even a grandma wasn't amused.
The receptionist handed me a stack of papers to fill and told me to sit down and wait for the nurse.
Great.
Now that 4 year old that I stuck my tongue out at when I got up is eyeballing me.
In the end I have never been happier to get shots in my life.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Maybe the Health Department hires these kids to drive patients crazy so they are actually happier to get the shots than to be in the waiting room...genius. As far as the smell goes I can relate.

Anonymous said...

I think this family might have been like the "sprint practice family" that you see on commercials these days... only the Health Dept is pushing birth control. Like Amy said......genius! Sounds like it even worked on the Granny.