Saturday, July 01, 2006

Madness. Pure utter madness

REI sales are the best. Liz and I had great plans on being there at 7:30 for opening. We got there just before 8 and there was a line. Ok, so we go to stand in line. Turns out they open at 10. Crazy bastards waiting in line two hours, we opted for breakfast
At 9:30 I went back as Liz rushed home for work. I promised her that I would hold a spot in line for her so that she could get a tent and two sleeping pads. These people were INSANE. Swear to god, you would have thought that they were giving things away for free. The lady in green was going up to everyone asking them what they had there eye on....she wanted a camping stove and a tent and let everyone know it. She would even point to the one she wanted. When she asked me, I told her I was just driving by and saw a line........ so I thought maybe I should go stand in it. The people next to me laughed but she didn't think I was funny.Don't need a tent, got a bus to sleep in, don't need a stove, got a stove in the bus, so you can cross me off of the list of people to trample over on the way in. Like clockwork at 10 people bum rushed the gate. Liz got her tent and pads and I waked around with that lady's stove (afterall she couldn't grab the tent and the stove at the same time). No I'm just kidding I didn't do that....thought about it though. Just a few odds and ends for my trip this coming week. Going someplace I haven't been before....I hear it's epic...and there is a holy grail, which hopefully means that there is wine. Oh that reminds me I need to get wine goblets for the bus.
Happy weekend everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got outta the green lady's way. If she ran over you, you could have been lost in the "front range" for a long time before you made your way out! Have a fabulous maiden voyage with Beck McVanagan and feel free to have a glass of wine at the campfire for me.........
Safe journey.