Saturday, July 22, 2006

Laying Low



Grand Junctions record heat made the national news tonight. I know, I know, it's hot everywhere. Yea well, I didn't see the place you live on CNN.

Tiffany is coming into town.

8 days

She is bringing me her AC unit on the way through. 8 days till sweet sweet fridged cold stale air. I won't be sleeping on the couch next to the sub-standard swamp cooler anymore. Oh yea, and my sister too, sweet Tiffany ( can't wait to see her and her awesome AC unit). Don't ask me why she's not taking it with her,( shhhhh), don't tell her it's hot in Tennessee too.

On an air conditioned note: At work I got voted 'girl with whitest legs'. I'd like to accept the award for 'girl least likely to have skin cancer'. But a Southern girl can't go down like that......


So I did a little sun bathing this morning. Layered in SPF 35 that is.......so this may take some time.



From hammock to water, back and forth.... I got bit by multiple fish while I was swimming. That's right I said bit. That freaks me out. Next time I think I'll get my sun while I'm fishing. Little bastards.

Eventually the temperature got too high and I retreated to the AC and caught up on The Tour.

I guess I'll keep my whitest legs trophy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, Amanda!
you sound like me! layering on the sunscreen (i've got you beat -- i use 45!), laying on the hammock, jumping in the water, white legs...

it's been wicked hot over here in Germany, too! (i think europe has made INTERNATIONAL news for its heat wave -- beat that!)

stop over and see my pimped out VW!
tscheuss!
~Nicole

WanderingGirl said...

1) It's Virginia. Farmville, VA.
2) I'm insisting on central air, not window units. Though there is a double-wide available.
3) That was my skin-cancer line!

jsager said...

water? in GJ? how'd you pull that off?