Friday, August 11, 2006

Crazy is as crazy does Forrest

I cling to you in time of need.
And then shove you into a dark place when I've found my breath again.
I love you.
But you embarrass me.
Coming out with me in public like that.

In the BOOKSTORE no less.
But I needed you, and you were there.
I can always depend on you Mr. Brown Paper bag.

Sitting on the floor of the student bookstore breathing into a paper bag that I carry in my purse could be worse. I can't actually think at this moment how it could be worse, but I'm sure it could be. Ya know if you could walk in these strappy red sandals you'd be breathing into a paper bag too.

Book for the semester: $836.00
Scrubs and shoes: $148.00
Pencils, pens, paper, and an insane number of notecards: $23.00
gingko Biloba (in hope of retaining what I study): $12.99
Brown paper bag to breath into: Priceless

You know what else is priceless? Coming home to find a package in the mail from the Stevenson family. Your right girl, this could be one of the many songs of Amandaland..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it! I am going out to get the new Chick's CD today cause that could be the theme song of all the King children. Don't think any of you have to be in my zip code, but I do like the time zone....... Oh well. I love you forever and celebrate your bravery, paper bag and all!

Amy said...

Just a small gesture to put a smile on your face...we're glad it worked. Keep taking the long way...

WanderingGirl said...

Hey, I wander the most! I should have gotten the CD! Somebody give me the CD! ME ME ME!!!!