Monday, August 07, 2006

Pass the Tums

Two weeks and counting boys and girls. Two weeks.

My schedule was set in stone today and printed on my forehead for the radiologic science program. I found I have JUST ENOUGH time to squeeze in a coaching bit with the girls two days a week. A different group this time, older girls, and we'll be in the stadium, track running. Well, they'll be track running. I'll be in my polyester jump suit blowing a whistle. In case you were wondering, I do it for the jump suit. Ok ok, and the whistle. Don't you worry about the ghetto thugs though, they only get coaches in the spring, Heather and I promised them that we would come back then. After all, who else is going to teach us the new slang and keep me in check on how really un-cool I am?

Pimp?

Pimp. That's what all the kids say now coach. 'That's pimp'. No one says 'Sweet' anymore. That went out way before 'That's Hot' did. Don't worry, lots of people your age aren't cool anymore.

Your kidding me. Is it the jumpsuit?


Now as far as school goes, I'm nervous as hell. Which is not so pimp. I'm still a bit confused about how I landed a 1 in 18 spot... In fact I wont be a bit surprised if when I get on campus the new dorms are named after my parents. It really is the only logical explanation.
Book buying comes next week, and my sweet sweet all white scrubs outfit should be shipped in the mail to me this week. Now that boys and girls will be pimp.

6 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Imagine when you get back to the girls and find out that "pimp" went out the week after you did. Really, you need a 10 year old slang coach to keep you up to date every day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! You mean I can't say "sweet" and "that's hot" anymore? I say that, like, all the time!

Your writing always cracks me up, Amanda.

Oh, god, I am SO glad I am all done (FOREVER) with school. It's so much nicer over on this side...

~Nicole
Oh! I met, for the first time, a blogging friend of mine in person this weekend!

Amy said...

I still can't beleive you will be wearing scrubs and working at a hospital...seems like just yesterday you were holding my legs up for a record breaking keg stand.

WanderingGirl said...

Amy, that was only about 22 months ago, and she was holding your legs. Hmmmm, weird timing with the keg stand and Grace's birth, huh?

Amy said...

No comment...

miss king said...

They are Girls On Run girls!

Heather and I were placed coaching in BFE because both of us had just moved here and didn't know where it was. They are awesome. Totally worth the 30 minute commute.