Thursday, August 31, 2006


So this morning I woke up at 5, walked the dog, drank coffee, and had breakfast. More coffee more coffee and more coffee, I headed out for my physics test. As I'm peddling my way to class, I can't help but wonder.......How did I get the Rocky theme in my head?

I get to class. I lay out my pencil, a backup pencil, an eraser, and my super duper smarter then me calculator. My coffee is still hot.

I'm ready.

Rocky is still playing in my head.

I'm nodding along.

My professor comes in, chit chats for a bit, and hands the 5 of us each a 6 page test.

da tita da da da da ti da

Then she walked the line of our desks and picked up our calculators.

'You won't have calculators in clinical, you won't have calculators on tests.'

I actually heard the music come to a screeching halt and then start to skip like a record.

I feel violated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say we sue. I'm sure you did fine and look at it this way, the curve should be pretty good.

Anonymous said...

What a load of CRAP!!!!!! When I worked in the hospital everyone from Dr's to dietitians carried calculators in the pockets of their little white coats! I agree with Ryan.........we sue!!

WanderingGirl said...

As a rad tech, you are never going to have to do math in the hospital. Trust me. I know some, and they don't do math. Neither do I. Not even in my checkbook. Just kidding Dad. (Not really.)

miss king said...

No student calculators, it is a true rule.

Amy said...

Ouch...damn the man. I guess you will just have to pull from the "Amanda is a genius" part of the brain for this class.

Anonymous said...

how nice of her to let you know this THE DAY OF THE TEST!!!!

whenever someone mentions that Rocky theme to me, I flashback to the 80s. On the mornings of my dad's races (he used to run marathons, do triatholons, and run other distance races), he would always get himself and us all psyched up by blasting the Rocky theme in our HUGE-ASS record player (those old ones that used to be a huge piece of furniture) at like 6 in the morning!

Thanks for the memories, Amanda!
~Nicole