Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Italian jedi

***well as it turns out the science maniac movie is too long to e-mail even. I would edit it if I knew how, but frankly cutting any of it out would be a loss to us all. Dang.****

Tiffany and I went out to lunch today while my Jeep was getting worked on. Viva Napoli on S. Kipling. Go there. Read on, but seriously, go out of your way to eat there.
Ok, so we go in. Small place, yet strangely spacious inside, This little old lady with a very thick Italian accent comes up and starts talking to us about the wind (it's really windy outside). We can mostly understand her words. She gets our drinks and we go to order. I've decided on a vegi calzone. Tiffany on a light chicken pasta dish. And don't you know that this little old lady looks at me and tells me that I need to eat more then that and tells me what to order. 'it is a beautiful vegetarian dish, I go make it for you, it is beautiful' she was right. It was beautiful. I don't think that I have ever had beautiful food until then, but it was. Wanting to save some for later, when she comes back to the table, I go to ask her for a box, and again she looks at me and tells me to finish my dinner. ummm. Once I had, she brought out taramisu. I uncontrollably blurt out 'I love you'. She smiled, said good, keep eating. She is an Italian Jedi.

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

You should have seen how much the little Min ate! That woman is an Italian Jedi, and Amanda has requested to go back there every time she's in town. I'll take it.