Saturday, December 10, 2005

you can take the girl out of the trailer...

my wicked obsession (which one you ask?) with tamales, kept me up all night last night with some of the most bizarre dreams ever. But I will spare you from the details and catch you up on real life, because even the crazy dreams didn't prepare tiffany and I for today. (you might want to grab a cup of joe, BC this is bound to be a long read). The two of us (and I say that meaning 98% Tiffany, 2% Amanda) packed up the trailer all day yesterday to head out at 7am this morning to move her to Denver. The night ended yesterday with the Burlington parade of lights, where we saw santa and his reindeer mounted on a frontloader tractor that lifted him up and down in the air + tamales from a restaurant attached to the shell station = no sleep till...da.da..da...dada.....Brooklin! (if Ryan is the only one that got that joke it's ok) So Im off track, back to the mainstream. Now of course we forgot the camera for the parade, so you'll just have to believe us on the lit up farm equipment & 6 santas.
Ok, 7 am leave the trailer park to make it to Denver by 10 to meet the cable guy (Tiffany has some serious priorities) Cable guy was here & we start to unload the UHAUL. 3 months here & we are unloading a UHAUL into a FURNISHED apartment. (*see tiffs hateful response comment below) All is well and the apartment is beautiful (big step up in class from the single, I mean doublewide) and then we meet the neighbors. Poisons biggest fan (true 80's rocker down to the long hair with receding hairline, fake tan & ripped off sleeves rock band t-shirt) showed his might by carrying up the heaviest locked cargo box to Tiffs apartment, 2nd floor (seriously like 150lbs). And you know Im ok with this BC I may be freakishly strong, but unpacking a UHAUL full of clothing and shoes (*see now a second comment from tiff) after an hour I am useless. Rock on rocker dude.
we get done & go to Target (?%!*^), come home and I spend an hour and a half on the phone with Qwest wireless newest trainee Mindy (insert your own speech impediment visual) and still don't have wireless.........meanwhile.......tiffany starts laundry. I get off the phone & (amanda) ' dang tiff, that washing machine sounds like a waterfall' (tiffany) 'why don't you check it' (amanda, staggering into the entryway holding onto the wall for balance) and yes. waterfall. The washing machine drain is not hooked up, and we have flooded. So what do I do? Scream. Why? BC I've been in a trailer park for the last week and have lost all my sense, I don't know what else to do!. Tiffany and I now have our pants rolled like Lucy and Ethel squashing grapes, and I run downstairs to Whitesnakes apartment to get the emergency # for maintenance....and I meet the other neighbor. The one under us, BC water is running down the walls ( picture the shining) and it's not a good meeting. A. She has a mullet, so of course I start laughing (still have my pants rolled up) B. We have flooded her apartment from the top down, and she doesn't find this situation humorous at all. Matalica however is very helpful and I get the #, Mullet, not so much. Haven't been outside since. Still waiting on the carpet crew with their industrial extractor. We did however brush all of the water that was on the linoleum into a tsunami out the door, and I'm sure we will meet the neighbor across the hall tomorrow on the ice rink. So lesson learned, you can take the girl out of the trailer park but...........
(muddy dog prints from the carpet to outside)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) It has furniture, but no housewares. And it was the 4 foot pull along U-Haul trailer, not a driveable one. B) My rooftop cargo carrier got destroyed in the epic windstorm of eastern Colorado over Thanksgiving weekend, when I was hauling Amanda's cargo up the stairs to her new apartment. C) They are not all shoes and clothes... there are hair products and makeup too!

So the result of our day is... the carpet guys came at 9, ripped up the carpet, cut out the wet padding, extracted the water from the carpet, and will be back "some time Monday" to see if it's dry enough to put padding back under. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a different computer dude, and am now blissfully wireless and sitting on the couch typing and watching SNL. I'd like to point out that my priority in getting cable set up today was based around the fact that we're going back to Grand Junction to deliver the rest of Amanda's stuff on Monday. Sisters. And, we can't miss another week of Gray's Anatomy!

Anonymous said...

and, I forgot to mention, that we had to go to Target for Amanda, not me. I only got groceries!

Anonymous said...

This just might be the funniest thing I have ever read. Now, if we could just work the prison in somehow.........