Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fat Tire Festival

***Fat Tire is a beer, not a giant fat tire that a festival is built around****


Heather and I went to the bike/beer festival in Fruita last night. As we sat in the beer garden surrounded by mountain bikers, the announcer starts in about the 'bottle walk'. The Fat tire cruiser bike is up for grabs.
Pimp.
Now let me explain the concept of this game. Originating 3 years ago at this festival, it now has full on sponsorship from the local pizza shop.
Girls Only.
You get two full beer bottles.....Walk them out on your hands without letting your knees or elbows touch the ground.....Put one bottle out as far as possible.....And then hop back on one bottle, again without any body part touching the ground.
Can you say core muscles screaming?
Heather made it to the finals and then was taken out by the freakishly tall amazon women. 5'3 just doesn't have the arm reach as 5'9.
****Pictures are Trek team girl power.*****

On a side note I have a date today. I know what your thinking.....'Your not dating, you have a school program to date'.....And your right, but this one won me over, and you'll see why.

Im going to the motor cross dirt bike race......
(wait for it)
......where I'm going to be in the pit crew.
I'm all tapped in for the audio blog on this one. Maybe I'll do interviews from the pit.

4 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Definitely do interviews... the one question kind like your friend does at bike races. I can't wait to hear about it!!!

Amy said...

Sweet...I can't wait for this! That's right I said sweet...it's still cool in Rock Hill. As for the contest. It is a good thing I wasn't there...I have knack for winning games involving beer.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»