Monday, April 03, 2006

Talk about a small world...


After running some errands yesterday I skipped over to Liz and Dannys house to help prep food for their First Spring BBQ. That girl can cook up some ridiculously delicious gourmet food. I was mostly just along for the ride, although I did make a key lime and apple pie. (*Note- even following moms apple pie recipe to the T, it doesn't taste anything like hers. Must be the air at the farm that makes it so good) Yes. I know. Dangerously good looking in the apron.

2 hours later we had successfully blown up the kitchen, and Meg (the backyard neighbor) came in to invite me on a hike with some friends. Flash forward to halfway up the trail (I'm leading with 4 behind me) chatting away. The conversation went something like this......

Me: that's cool, you guys live right by the park by my house. I run right there sometimes.

Guy behind me: Really? Wait. Do you ride a bike?

Me: Yea I do.....(something clicks in my head) Oh my god. (I stop and turn around) I race you don't I?!?

Guy behind me: Auuggghhh......IT IS YOU!

(kicking his ass since Feb 7th, 2006. See archives for the first ride)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree...since you know him now that is all the more incentive to beat him! Keep those skinny legs pedaling.