Sunday, April 02, 2006

Out of my element

Yesterday started out as a regular routine day.

I'm still glowing from the rad tech acceptance and have been hi-fiving random people. In fact I forgot to mention in the last post that at the fundraiser I not only had to keep myself from drinking from the chocolate fountain like you do a water, but also resist the urge to grab the microphone from the DJ and pull a Check Check......What's Up I'm Famous!' Give it up for me! Whoa!' (frequently pouring through my head on a hourly basis)

So back to yesterday. As I'm in line at the bank drive thru thankful that we have Saturday morning hours, I notice in the rearview that REI has a big tent outside and lots of people walking around. This could only mean one thing. Warehouse sidewalk sale. Sweet.
Next thing I know I have about 8 pair of sunglasses laid out on the counter and am stopping people as they walk by to tell me which pair looks best on me. (Shameful. I know).
A bag full of goodies later I'm sitting at a cafe looking over at the sucker that listened to this for an hour in REI..
'ok, now the blue ones...no wait, what about the black.....Ignore the fact that they look crooked, that's my ears, I'll fix the glasses after I buy them.....look at these their called cream of wheat'

Oh snap.

I'm on a date.

The suckers me! I got picked up at the REI sidewalk sale. I fell for it. I didn't realize what was going on until 5 minutes into lunch

I must have suddenly had a look of shock on my face and panic ensues in 5...4...3...2...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that was April Fool's Day, don't you?
:c}

WanderingGirl said...

Did you throw up a little in your mouth? I usually have to hold in an aneurysm at that point. Be careful, I accidentally went on a date with Patrick the Goober once. We know how that story goes.

Anonymous said...

Okay. It 's now official. I'm listing you in my "Blogging It" list. Sue me!

I love your Snoopy pictures!!!!!

~Nicole